Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Tool #11

1. Gosh! I actually have a lot of favorite tools, like, Prezi, Pool Everywhere, Edmodo, Atomic Learning, and Make Belief Comix. I plan for my students to use Make Belief Comix to explain why its is important to maintain a good health, not only through exercise but nutrition as well. I hope they have fun creating their very own Health Fitness comic strips.
2. Now that I am on the last tool, I have new knowledge on how to educate my students through the use of technology. Being in Health Fitness, my students have to be kinesthetic learners. Everything we do involves some type of physical activity. Because of this, I will definitely have to make changes to my classroom to accommodate the 21st century learner. For my students to go to the library, which I have never taken them before, and explore more information on a particular unit of Health Fitness, doesn't seem so bad after all. I think my students should and  need to acquire specific knowledge on a task so that when it comes time to execute that task, they will be ready, and what better way to do that then through the use of technology!
3. I was very surprised about the numerous tools out there. I really had no idea that there is so much a teacher can do and use to bring technology into the classroom, aside from using YouTube! I wish there were more tools geared towards Health Fitness. I would have loved to receive more devices in my classroom,
especially with the class size that I normally have. One of the devices that I think my classroom should have gotten is the Xbox 360 and Kinect. I know my students would have put these devices to good use. Nonetheless, I enjoyed doing these 11 tools. I truly learned a lot, and I only hope to provide the same knowledge to my students. Implementation is always hard, it is a trial and error waiting to happen, and I must take the leap of faith in hopes that my students learn through technology. I have no fear, for now I am technology fit!

No comments:

Post a Comment